It’s that time of year again; the National Quartet Convention, which seems to be unofficially considered the “kickoff” of each Southern Gospel music year. Here’s just a few things I’m looking forward to this time around:
- The Old Paths’ debut on mainstage. They’ve had it coming for quite a while!
- The revamped Skyline Boys and Freedom as a quartet.
- The Dixie Melody Boys. Their lineup right now is one to watch.
- For that matter, I’m looking forward to hearing several groups that have changed members since last year, like Gold City and the Dixie Echoes.
- The fellowship in the exhibit hall, which is the best part of events like this.
I’ll be headed to Louisville on Wednesday and staying through Friday.
As far as “live coverage,” I’ve decided to take it easy in that department. It’s the NQC’s last year in Louisville, so I’m going to kick back (as much as you can “kick back” at NQC, anyway!) and take it all in. Who knows; I may have a video or two from different things after it’s all said and done, but as far as regular coverage, I encourage you to check out some of the other SG blogs; I’m sure discussions will be taking place there. Of course, the comments section is open here as well!
As always, I’m looking forward to the biggest event in Southern Gospel music, and here’s to a great final year in Louisville!