Aaron Swain's blog about Southern Gospel Music, News, and other items of interest in the SG world.

An Interview With Michael English

March 09, 2010 By: Aaron Category: Gaither Vocal Band, Interviews, Michael English, SG Artists, SG Music

This is one of the most exciting posts I’ve been able to make in this blog’s existence! As the very first interview done on Swain’s Musings, I got to sit down and chat with Michael English backstage at a Gaither Homecoming concert on February 12, 2010, and we covered topics from his background, to his testimony, to coming back to the Gaither Vocal Band, to future projects, and much more.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks to Michael English for taking the time to do this!

Michael English Interview from Aaron Swain on Vimeo.

Related Posts

Youtube Spotlight: Gold City with Thomas Nalley (August 28, 2015)

This past Friday, PromisedLand Quartet (the group for which I sing baritone) and Gold City did a concert in Woodstock,
2015-08-31 08:30:54
Aaron

Help Declaration Come Up With a New Name

Yesterday yielded some unique news from one of Southern Gospel music's rising trios. The group has gone with the same
2014-10-28 14:14:22
Aaron

Aaron McCune sings with the Oak Ridge Boys

It's always cool to see a singer from our genre in the national spotlight, and that happened again this past weekend.
2014-09-08 10:18:36
Aaron

Triumphant Quartet Signs With StowTown Records

StowTown Records has done it again by grabbing one of the biggest names in Southern Gospel music.
2014-06-30 11:15:41
Aaron

Legacy Five Stays With Daywind Records

With the recent Kickstarter campaign to fund the group's upcoming release, speculation began as to whether Legacy Five
2014-01-15 16:53:30
Aaron

Catching Up With Donald Morris

2013-12-13 09:00:41
Aaron

First Look: Gold City with Chip Pullen

Gold City made a return trip to Grandin Court Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA last Friday night. I was planning on going
2013-10-29 08:00:57
Aaron

Mark Lowry, Michael English Leaving The Gaither Vocal Band

Talk started late last week that there may be changes for the GVB when it was
2013-10-28 09:20:49
Aaron

First Look: Robert Fulton with Gold City

At long last, we have a Youtube clip of Gold City's new lineup where the tenor can be heard. It's a video from far
2013-04-15 09:00:09
Aaron

Youtube Find: Perfect Heart – Have A Little Talk With Jesus

I never did pay much attention to the Garry Sheppard era of Perfect Heart (probably because I haven't heard their
2013-01-13 15:12:14
Aaron

22 Comments to “An Interview With Michael English”

1. Way to go, Aaron!!! What a great first interview! It was definitely worth the wait!

2. Aaron Swain says:

Thanks, Diana! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a blessing to be able to do.

3. Nate Stainbrook says:

Great interview! Really enjoyed it!

4. Great job Aaaron! Keep them coming.

5. really enjoyed the interview! you did a great job….

6. Clarence grigsby says:

Great

7. Great first interview Aaron. It just so happens that you picked my most favorite singer in the world for your first one…thanks. Michael is not only a great singer but he is a very humble and caring person. I am so very happy to see that he is back with the GVB as their lead singer. Michael has had a rough way to go on the comeback road but he never gave up and luckily for all of us…God never gave up on him. What a blessing he is to anyone who hears him. Thank you so much for doing this interview and I hope you do more on Michael. Thanks!

8. Great job Aaron! Awesome interview with an awesome man of God. Michael has been my favorite for many years. I truly enjoyed this. Keep it up Aaron!!!

9. Anonymous says:

Good Job! And if you do more, keep them video if you can, I definitely prefer video over text, it keeps it more interesting….

10. Anonymous says:

Great Interview….good insight from Micheal…glad you landed it with him…way to start off your interview videos…who is next?

11. Aaron Swain says:

Thanks, all. I'm not sure who will be next; we'll have to wait and see!

12. Great interview with Michael, Aaron. Any time that Michael English can tell his life story, I know that someone out there will be affected. Thank God, Michael found his way back!

13. Anonymous says:

Good job Aaron, Mike is the best lead singer, next to Squire Parsons

14. Aaron:
    What an awesome interview. With the Best Lead singer ever. So glad that he is back with the Vocal Band. Maybe you could do one with Mark Lowry next.

15. Great first interview!You could not chosen a better person than Michael to do the interview with. What a great singer, humble man with a heart of gold, who lives his life as a man of God. So proud to see him back with the GVB. Thank you for choosing him and continue to keep in touch with him.

16. Jessica Tuggle says:

Finally got the chance to watch the whole interview this morning, fun stuff! Thanks for sharing with us!

17. Steve Krout says:

Great interview…I have so much respect for Michael English.

18. Great interview Aaron! So glad Michael is back with the GVB. Ive always been a huge fan and love and admire him even more now. He has been quite an example of God's redemption and Im so happy for him and his family!

19. Landen Swain says:

that was really good and I set up a link on my blog.

20. Elaine Harcourt says:

What a great interview, Aaron. What a blessing it was to me to listen to. Thanks for doing this. Looks like you have a great future in the business. Enjoyed the interaction between you & Michael very much.

21. Marlene Ashley says:

Great Interview Aaron with one of my favorite people, Michael English.
    Thank you for all you do for Gospel music, I enjoy all your eletters and keeping us up to date and I wish you the best in the future.

Blessings,
    Marlene Ashley

• Thank you for your kind words and readership, Marlene! I can’t believe it’s been over three years since this interview! I was scared to death, but he was so gracious to offer the interview in the first place, and then to take it like he had all the time in the world really meant a lot. He’s been very kind over the years and I look forward to watching his solo career from here.

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks